PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] WepCrack GUI :( YELP

ScottyP3821
July 13th, 2011, 03:31 AM
So I have WepCrack running but I am still not able to install crunch or mdk3. I have been referring to this tutorial

http://ubuntu-ventures.blogspot.com/2011/01/crack-that-wep-with-wepcrack-gui.html

but I get lost as I still in the noob/amateur stage. I checked the preferences where you can select the file locations for crunch and mdk3 and when I go to change them their folders are frozen. So I am sure that they have not been installed properly. I been searching online for hours and still havent figured out how to fix this.

BTW I am using Ubuntu 11.04

Dangertux
July 13th, 2011, 05:08 AM
So I have WepCrack running but I am still not able to install crunch or mdk3. I have been referring to this tutorial

http://ubuntu-ventures.blogspot.com/2011/01/crack-that-wep-with-wepcrack-gui.html

but I get lost as I still in the noob/amateur stage. I checked the preferences where you can select the file locations for crunch and mdk3 and when I go to change them their folders are frozen. So I am sure that they have not been installed properly. I been searching online for hours and still havent figured out how to fix this.

BTW I am using Ubuntu 11.04

My 2 cents...

This needs to be your own network (or one you have permission to crack) otherwise it's illegal and against the forum Code of Conduct.

Second, forget the GUI, it's a waste of time you should learn to use aircrack-ng from the command line, it's VERY easy.

ScottyP3821
July 13th, 2011, 03:07 PM
It is my own private network that I am trying to hack. I am to scared to go out an hack other networks but I just wanted a taste to see how secure my router really is and try ways to improve its security. I really want wepcrack to work.

realzippy
July 13th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I can tell you how secure your router is.
If it is WEP secured,then it is not secured at all.
If it is WPA,then it depends on the strenght of your password.
But then you would not need WEPcrack...google for spoonwep2.deb
if you want a script-kiddie-gui-tool to see how fast your router is cracked.

Rubi1200
September 20th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Closed; we do not condone illegal activities on this forum.