PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem shutting down...

rsst3
July 12th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Hi,

I recently installed Ubuntu 11.04 and everything is working perfectly besides one little thing...when the computer is shutting down it freezes in the Ubuntu logo and I have to shut it down manually by clicking on the power button.

I tried to shut it down from the console and it's the same, it just freezes in the logo...

rsst3
July 13th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Anyone? I really need some advices, I tried almost everything...

rsst3
July 13th, 2011, 12:28 PM
By far the most common shut down problem is that the system will reboot rather than shutting down. In most cases, the reboot is triggered because Windows XP is designed to reboot after a critical failure. To put it simply, if something were to go wrong during the shut down sequence, Windows may interpret the problem as a crash, and reboot the system as a result.
If you just want to band-aid the problem, you can disable the restart on system failure setting. To do so, right click on My Computer and select the Properties command from the resulting shortcut menu. When you do, you will see the System Properties sheet. Click the Advanced tab and click the Settings button found in the Startup and Recovery section. Finally, deselect the Automatically Restart check box, shown in Figure A, and click OK.

Hey mate, you are describing a Windows XP resolution...I don't have dual boot, just Ubuntu 11.04 (LTS) :?

realzippy
July 13th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Is your system updated?

rsst3
July 13th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Is your system updated?

yeah