PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to install HP Laser Jet 1320 Printer in Ubuntu 10 ?

honey_bee
July 12th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Hi,
I am using UBUNTU 10 in my Laptop. I have an HP Laser jet 1320 Printer with USB. I want to install this printer with my Laptop.
Kindly guide me the steps so I install and configure it.

thanks in advance,
honey.

~!geek!~
July 12th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I have used a couple of printers from epson with ubuntu. I never needed anything special to do to use them. Just connect the printer using the usb cable provided by the company. I assume the linux guys just add the drivers required to connect newer printers to ubuntu asap. So point is, did u try to connect and see if ur printer is being detected by the system.
If u r not able to find any solutions using google, possibly this is the case. I may be wrong as have no idea about HP and their printers.

~!geek!~
July 12th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I have used a couple of printers from epson with ubuntu. I never needed anything special to do to use them. Just connect the printer using the usb cable provided by the company. I assume the linux guys just add the drivers required to connect newer printers to ubuntu asap. So point is, did u try to connect and see if ur printer is being detected by the system.
If u r not able to find any solutions using google, possibly this is the case. I may be wrong as have no idea about HP and their printers. But see if it helps.