PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mobile Broardband connection issue

unknown user
July 11th, 2011, 12:37 AM
I have just installed Ubuntu 11.04 inside Windows and it was going well. I have a Vodafone mobile broadband dongle and it connected all OK. When I plugged in the dongle I connected it all up via the set-up wizard all OK and all was fine.

Today, I have come to use it and the internet tries to connect, but after a bit, I get the following error message in a black box (GSM - Network, Disconnected - You are not offline).

I have tried to connect but I am unable to. The dongle worked fine before and works OK in Windows, but is a little weak. Any ideas?

Last night I was able to connect all OK, but I had to delete the existing mobile Broardband connection and then create another one. Is it right to have to create a new connection every time I want to use the new??

unknown user
July 12th, 2011, 06:30 AM
There does not seem to be any method to when the internet via the usb dongle will work. I have played about with it for a bit now and can not see a paten to it.

There must be someone else with this issue?? I find it hard to beleive that I am the only one.