PDA

View Full Version : [other] Bt infinity

barrymc123
July 9th, 2011, 12:15 PM
ok i have just joined bt infinity and im getting speeds around 30mbps but when i download from 00:00 untill 3/4pm everything is great after its very slow my downloads on u torrent go from 2mbps to 50kbps i believe bt throttle your speeds so is there away to disguise my p2p connection? i am pretty much a noob when it comes to this kind of thing but any help will be great thanks

Megaptera
July 9th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Is there a chance you've upset the fair use policy? http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10495

Also:

To protect the performance of the network and to ensure the best experience for all users of the service, at peak times we may manage the speed of non-time critical applications such as P2P.

P2P refers to certain applications that enable files and program sharing between groups of people logged on to a P2P network. Because they use uploads and downloads and are often left running 24/7, they consume significant bandwidth, even when being used by just a small number of customers.

Because a lot of P2P traffic is not time-critical - for example, downloading and uploading TV programmes or movies for later viewing - we treat P2P traffic differently from time-critical traffic (such as surfing, streaming or internet telephony) and apply speed restrictions to all P2P traffic. We manage these restrictions daily based on the demands on the network, but downstream restrictions will typically be in place 4pm - midnight on weekdays and 9am - midnight on the weekend. Upstream restrictions may be in place at other times.

You can, of course, still use P2P services, but downloads will take longer during the peak times.

barrymc123
July 9th, 2011, 02:12 PM
i have only got it installed on tue, and have downloaded aboyt 5gb since then, what i want to know is if there is away to get past the p2p restrictions that they have inplace?