PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] WiFi stopped working after update

life in color
July 6th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Hi, it took me a while but I got my wifi working about a month ago, I have an HP Pavilion dv8000 with a broadcom bcm4318, it worked fine until I updated my system and rebooted, now I can only use my ethernet, any help?

u4ric
July 6th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Sorry I can't help but just thought i'd say I have had the same problem.

life in color
July 7th, 2011, 06:23 AM

Thanks for at least replying!

life in color
July 7th, 2011, 08:23 PM

When you say you have the same problem, do you mean he exact same problem as in, you had WiFi then opened Update Manager and installed some updates and it now doesn't work, or do you mean something else?

chili555
July 7th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Sometimes, I like to compress everything into one educated guess. Please open a terminal and do:
sudo modprobe b43Is it working now? If so, please do:
sudo su
echo b43 >> /etc/modules
exit
ls /etc/modprobe.d | grep b43Post the result of the last post, if anything. If that doesn't get the wireless going, post:
lspci -nn | grep 0280And then I'll do it the hard way.

@u4ric--

Unless you know you have a Broadcom 4318, do not try the above and start your own thread.

life in color
July 7th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Ok let me first say that when I saw that you, Chili555, commented I was already assured it would work cause I follwed your guide in the first place to get my wiFi working back in the day.

Sometimes, I like to compress everything into one educated guess. Please open a terminal and do:
Code:
sudo modprobe b43
Is it working now? If so, please do:
Code:
sudo su
echo b43 >> /etc/modules
exit
ls /etc/modprobe.d | grep b43
Post the result of the last post, if anything. If that doesn't get the wireless going, post:
Code:
lspci -nn | grep 0280
And then I'll do it the hard way.

@u4ric--

Unless you know you have a Broadcom 4318, do not try the above and start your own thread

WORKED!!!!! :) :) :)
I owe you from last time and now I owe you again Chili555!
thank you 5 million!