PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] teamviewer uninstall

waleed.mohammed
June 26th, 2011, 05:57 PM
yesterday i installed teamviwer but today when i want to uninstall it i didn't found it in ubuntu software center the program is working well and it appear when i write it in application search

please help me to remove this program

TeoBigusGeekus
June 26th, 2011, 06:01 PM
How did you install it?

waleed.mohammed
June 26th, 2011, 06:19 PM
How did you install it?

i was download the source forom the program web site it was .deb and double click on it the ubuntu software center was opened automatically and installed it

TeoBigusGeekus
June 26th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Open synaptic package manager, do a search for teamviewer and try to uninstall it from there.

waleed.mohammed
June 26th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Open synaptic package manager, do a search for teamviewer and try to uninstall it from there.
after i did what you say it's removed from my computer but the logo still appear when i write teamviewer in application search and when i click on it no thing happend

TeoBigusGeekus
June 26th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Perhaps a restart could fix it.

DogMatix
June 26th, 2011, 06:51 PM
or try

sudo apt-get autoclean

in a terminal

waleed.mohammed
June 26th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Perhaps a restart could fix it.
after restart the name appear without logo in applications search :(

waleed.mohammed
June 26th, 2011, 07:04 PM
or try

sudo apt-get autocleanin a terminal
no thing happend

waleed.mohammed
June 26th, 2011, 07:09 PM
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9429/screenshotsng.pnghttp://img37.imageshack.us/i/screenshotsng.png/

howefield
June 26th, 2011, 07:14 PM
If it is just the icon you want shot of, press the meta key (the one likely to have a windows symbol on it) and start typing main menu and load it up. Then locate the icon, highlight and delete.

waleed.mohammed
June 26th, 2011, 07:36 PM
If it is just the icon you want shot of, press the meta key (the one likely to have a windows symbol on it) and start typing main menu and load it up. Then locate the icon, highlight and delete.
sorry i didn't understand you when i press meta key and typing no way to highlight it

howefield
June 26th, 2011, 07:39 PM
When you see the Main Menu icon, use the arrow keys to highlight it then press enter.

Or open a terminal and type

alacarte

to open the Main Menu application. Might be a little easier.

waleed.mohammed
June 26th, 2011, 07:44 PM
When you see the Main Menu icon, use the arrow keys to highlight it then press enter.

Or open a terminal and type

alacarteto open the Main Menu application. Might be a little easier.

yes it's done.....:guitar:
thank you soo mutch:guitar: