PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Rapid Ubuntu Convert

Anon2014
June 26th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Hello;
Being a relative Linux Newbie here I didn't want to start off right off the bat complaining :) , so I looked at things from my end first before b!tching lol . Regarding wireless connectivity issues I have many over and above the apparently limited connectivity while using UBUNTU or any other Linux distribution. I am in the process of converting over to full Linux if wireless issues can ever be addressed.

I currently run DUAL BOOT Win 2003 Server/ Ubuntu Server using DLink Xtreme N Gigabit Router as my primary connection for internet etc. Here in lies the problem. I run several workstations using WinXP Home SP3 /DUAL Boot Linux , WinXP Pro SP3/ Dual Boot Linux, An Win 7 laptops/ Dual Boot all are Dell except one custom built.

Connectivity stability issues are the main problem between server and sattelite systems even with all Dlink Xtreme N addons new Dell Win 7 Netbooks built in Xtreme N capabilities. So to get to the point what if any steps can be taken to eliminate the "Time Out" period inheritently within Ubuntu Wireless N??????????? More so to establish secure and stable throughput connections but that is another issue. This random dropping of wireless N needs to stop ;) Developers need to work on stable and highspeed wireless N connections IMHOP ;)

Footnote: While running under Win???? whatever version all connections are highspeed and stable no random disconnections