PDA

View Full Version : Reformatting asus 1001p netbook

johntkucz
June 23rd, 2011, 08:30 PM
Hey,
the 1001p netbook comes preconfigured with a 100 and 150gb partition (at least I think so, don't recall partitioning that myself). I have linux installed on one partition and the Windows 7 Home starter built-in (installed from netbook rom I believe) is on the partition. Could I wipe both those, reformate and re-size and repartition the internal 250gb hard drive and then reinstall windows 7 home prem and ubuntu 10.04 (likely netbook remix) from usbs? I installed netbook from USB currently, this is basically a question about the asus model.

toor58
June 24th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I don't know why you would want to reformat. If you want to resize the partitions then reset the windows boot ( http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=508927 ) and then remove ubuntu. Use the disk management tool to resize your partitions leaving the space empty where you want ubuntu to go. Doing this preserves your boot booster partition. If you wipe everything then you must find out how to replace the boot booster partition manually.

johntkucz
June 29th, 2011, 10:17 PM
I don't know why you would want to reformat. If you want to resize the partitions then reset the windows boot ( http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=508927 ) and then remove ubuntu. Use the disk management tool to resize your partitions leaving the space empty where you want ubuntu to go. Doing this preserves your boot booster partition. If you wipe everything then you must find out how to replace the boot booster partition manually.

I don't know why you would wnat to reformat?

I don't know how you could ask such an ignorantly stupefying question.

Half the hard disk was filled with bloatware.
I like having multiple partitions.
I like customizing my drives the way I want.

All I have to do is read your first sentence and I know everything henceforth is useless and not a help to me. Thanks for nothing.

johntkucz
June 29th, 2011, 10:18 PM
i trust another forum will be more helpful for this thread.:D