PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cant Install Wine (Ubuntu 11.04)

msonic98
June 21st, 2011, 01:48 PM
I am trying to install the Wine Windows program loader, but whenever I go into Software center to install it a message pops up saying:
"Failed to download package files, check your Internet connection."
Then, another message pops up saying:
"Requires installation of untrusted packages. The action would require the installation of packages from not authenticated sources."

I want to know if there is anyway I can fix this, because I am considering completely reinstalling ubuntu.

Also are there any alternatives to Wine that I can use?

zvacet
June 23rd, 2011, 05:13 PM
In synaptic>repositories>check all under ubuntu software (except source and CD-rom) and first two under updates tab.Refresh and try to install again.

_0R10N
June 23rd, 2011, 05:58 PM
Are you able to install other software from the Software Center?

msonic98
June 25th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Well, first off thanks for replying, I actually got Wine to install, but I had to use the terminal. But, now the problem is it wont open, every time I try to open it a message pops up saying program error. Then it tells me that Wine encountered a serious problem and needs to close :mad:, I guess my luck really isnt so great.

Poornaa
July 9th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Hey,
I have the same problem too, and I am not able to install any application from Ubuntu Software Center.
It's weird because I installed Adobe Flash Player yesterday and it worked perfectly fine.
I tried synaptic>repositories>check all under Ubuntu Software, but it didn't work.
My internet connection is fine, but it still asks me to check internet connection.
Please help!

konsolelover
July 9th, 2011, 06:46 PM
hey. u just need to add ppa.....then it will work......(:Dworked for me)
http://www.winehq.org/download/ubuntu

fendijr
July 29th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Hey,
I have the same problem too, and I am not able to install any application from Ubuntu Software Center.
It's weird because I installed Adobe Flash Player yesterday and it worked perfectly fine.
I tried synaptic>repositories>check all under Ubuntu Software, but it didn't work.
My internet connection is fine, but it still asks me to check internet connection.
Please help!

ya, i agreed. every instruction from all aren`t helped at all. tq