PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Copying DVD wont work

Crazy K
June 20th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Hey guys, I'm having a problem copying a DVD family video. I pop the DVD in the drive, right click on the DVD icon, go to copy disc, and I make an ISO. I then go to properties to rename the iso file I then start the process. The copy progress gets stuck on 99% with 1 second left. It doesn't seem to work. Help is needed, thanks!

coffeecat
June 20th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Do you have another non-encrypted video DVD to try? You seem to be doing the right things, but it would be a good idea to try with another DVD to see if the problem is with your system or with the DVD. It could be that the last track on the DVD is damaged and Brasero is getting stuck trying to read it.

Bastiencade
June 20th, 2011, 06:30 PM
What ripper/burner are you using?

I've had the same problem with both K3B and Brasero, but K9DVDCopy seems to give me the best results when it comes to ripping DVD's.

But it could also be what Coffeecat said, you should try another DVD to see if it's the media.

Crazy K
June 20th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I have a few family DVDs that I'd like to copy. Some are actually working and I can make copies. Some wont work. I can play the DVDs fine though.

I'll try K9DVDCopy for the ones that aren't working. If that doesn't work, I'll maybe try Dvd59.