PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] How do I burn audio to a dvd and play it on a dvd player?

Mr_VeRiTy
June 18th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Hey, I need to burn some music to a dvd (I don't have enough CDs to fit the music on them) I don't need to play the music on a CD player just a dvd player. How do I do this?

If I can't do this, then how do I add a (blank) video to a lot of individual audio files?

AlphaLexman
June 18th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Take a look at http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/

shantiq
June 18th, 2011, 06:16 PM
hi there

if you burn them as data to a blank cd or dvd disc then play the disc in your dvd player
i used to do this with mp3 and you can put thousands on one disc check your dvd player supports mp3

=================================================
As regards dvd-audio yes brilliant but

A single DVD can contain both DVD-Audio content (in the AUDIO_TS directory) and DVD-Video content (in the VIDEO_TS directory). Most DVD players only recognise and playback the VIDEO_TS content, but an increasing number of dual-format players can play the contents of the AUDIO_TS as well. "Such players will display the DVD-Audio logo". so if your machine does not have that you cannot use those discs

Mr_VeRiTy
June 18th, 2011, 06:49 PM
hi there

if you burn them as data to a blank cd or dvd disc then play the disc in your dvd player
i used to do this with mp3 and you can put thousands on one disc

would have thought wave .wav would be supported too (but this i have not tried)

but on mp3 i know it works brilliantly
Wait, so I can just stick them onto a disk, no de-compression or anything required? Will the dvd player just know how to read the mp3s?

shantiq
June 18th, 2011, 06:52 PM
if your dvd player supports mp3 which i believe most do
check your machine it tells you usually there are stickers

if mp3 is listed you are good to go one cd is 700MB an mp3 tune about say 5MB to 10MB so quite a few tracks
say your average track is 7Mb that is 100tracks or 7 albums thereabouts

a dvd will store A LOT...

Mr_VeRiTy
June 18th, 2011, 06:54 PM
if your dvd player supports mp3 which i believe most do
check your machine it tells you usually there are stickers

if mp3 is listed you are good to go one cd is 700MB an mp3 tune about say 5MB to 10MB so quite a few tracks a dvd will store A LOT...
I'll have to try this out later (I'm not at home and don't have a dvd player with me..)