PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to install flash player for 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04

Cristina Amazonas
June 16th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Hi everyone

I'm a begginner,new at the forum and I'm trying Ubuntu for the first time.
I did install Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit at my Dell Inspiron 1721 laptop.
Well I did some installations via Ubuntu software center only, and I'm not that familiar with the terminal.
Hope you guys can help me with that.
The first thing I need is the Flash Player to be able to visualize videos on Firefox.
I'm not shure if there is a bug related to video in this version of Ubuntu, if so I could try another one as I'm just starting to use Linux and Ubuntu and it wouldn't be a problem to restart it all if this could solve this and future problems.
So .. I've just downloaded a preview release for Flash Player with native suport for native Linux 64-bit at Adobe. it is called "Flash Player Square" and seems to be unstable, a Beta version.
I have no idea what to do with it ... (laughs) how to open, execute etc.

Thanks so much and sorry if I'm asking at the wrong forum.

[]s, Cristina

harrylucas1
June 16th, 2011, 10:50 PM
download http://www.myscienceisbetter.info/flash-player/native-64bit-flash-installer.sh

then run : chmod +x ./native-64bit-flash-installer.sh

then execute: ./native-64bit-flash-installer.sh

lovinglinux
June 16th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Install Flash-Aid (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-aid/) and run the extension wizard. It will detect installed flash plugins, remove them and install the best option according to your system architecture and version. Additionally, it will apply some tweaks that should improve performance.

Cristina Amazonas
June 16th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Thank u guys !

I've downloaded, but how do i make shure is written in the right directory to run ?
It did not run because of that :/
which is the default directory for download and how do I move it ?
sorry if such a begginner :P

lovinglinux
June 16th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Thank u guys !

I've downloaded, but how do i make shure is written in the right directory to run ?
It did not run because of that :/
which is the default directory for download and how do I move it ?
sorry if such a begginner :P

See my previous post. Get Flash-Aid. It has an easy to use Wizard that will generate and run the commands for you. No need to manually download and install the plugin.

Cristina Amazonas
June 16th, 2011, 11:30 PM
But I have no Flash installed ... will it work anyway ?

Cristina Amazonas
June 16th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Yessss :) It worked !
Thank u so much LovingLinux !

lovinglinux
June 17th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Yessss :) It worked !
Thank u so much LovingLinux !

You are welcome.