PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Kmix using too much memory

sendblink23
June 15th, 2011, 07:01 PM
I surfed online about the kmix memory leak and read its supposed to be fixed on the version 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu2 of kmix but for me its actually still happening(I run that same version). Currently I've seen it reach 2.5gb usage on kmix after one day of my computer being powered on (some odd reason it caused 100% cpu usage on my machine) - so rebooted my machine and its been on for around a few hours and I already see 280k usage with kmix.

I'm Looking to see if anybody has a fix to solve the memory leak or if there is an alternative of removing kmix and using something else for audio?

Currently running Kubuntu 11.04 x64, its just about 5 days old my testing install - Only things I've installed: chromium, nvidia driver, sensors, openjkd, icedtea java plugin & gimp - as well as all the latest OS updates.

Hardware is the one on my signature(I made the install after doing these changes) went back at stock settings my cpu, removed the CFX 5770's(using only the 9800GTX+) & removed the hard drives(I wanted to test this on another fresh install to see if it still occurred) using another spare hard drive which is only 120gb... just so there isn't any hardware/overclocking conflicts

thanks