PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wine and Notepad++

Carcharoth
June 15th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Notepadd++ was recommended as a replacement for Vlisp, Autolisp editor which comes with Autocad. Searched for tips on installing because I put the new in newbie. Well, that was last week. Tips I found were totally unconnected, no consensus. so I ventured. Cool.

Found and downloaded zip file for installing, current methods for Windows have you download an installer, and run the installer, which downloads the program, and installs it, under windows. Seemed like the long way around the mountain. I found the files for a "manual install". Cool.

In the zip, there were two folders, ansi and unicode. I have SOME idea what this means, but not enough to make an informed decision. READ: the right one the first time. I run the executable file in the ansi directory with Wine from the apps pull down menu, and it works seamlessly. But

I run the executable file in the unicode directory with Wine from the apps pull down menu, and it works seamlessly.
so roy hasn't really learned anything yet. obviously not urgent, but seriously important.
I want to understand. ANY / ALL input appreciated.