PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Imported(copied) Tomboy notes not showing...

hiver
June 15th, 2011, 11:43 AM
So, I upgraded to 11.4 from 10.4 - and thought all was well since I backed up my Home folder. Sure enough, I found all my Tomboy notes in the .local/Shared/Tomboy folder - and copied them over to the new Tomboy folder. However, they dont show up.

I am (now) starting to understand I should have synced them or done other steps...but please tell me they are not un-openable since I can see them as files, just not actually open them in Tomboy?

Thanks in advance, M

garvinrick4
June 15th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Go to .local/share/tomboy and select to open with libre office or open office and copy and paste to new tomboy note. That's one way.

plucky
June 15th, 2011, 12:39 PM
So, I upgraded to 11.4 from 10.4 - and thought all was well since I backed up my Home folder. Sure enough, I found all my Tomboy notes in the .local/Shared/Tomboy folder - and copied them over to the new Tomboy folder. However, they dont show up.

I am (now) starting to understand I should have synced them or done other steps...but please tell me they are not un-openable since I can see them as files, just not actually open them in Tomboy?

Thanks in advance, M

Have you tried rebooting?

Good Luck

hiver
June 19th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I feel pretty stupid - rebooting was apparently enough.... :)

Glad I posted this in the noob section ;)

Thanks guys

Mokurai
October 27th, 2011, 09:27 PM
You do not need to reboot. Quitting and restarting Tomboy is enough.

gentracer
February 16th, 2012, 11:49 PM
restarted Tomboy AND rebooted - both to no avail - still no notes. I copied all my .note files from my old laptop to the new one, but they don't show up in Tomboy.

Totally frustrated!

gentracer
February 17th, 2012, 01:28 AM
rebooting second time worked...