PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need Some Advice : Mail Server with Multiple Sub Domains

pamuditha99
June 15th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Hi,

I want to configure a single mail server to send and receive mail from multiple sub domains of my domain.

I've already installed Postfix/Dovecot and it is perfectly working for mydomain.com. And also installed roundcube for Web Mail.

Can I further customize this setup to process mail to sub domains? ex- someone@subdomain1.mydomain.com, someone@subdomain2.mydomain.com, someone2@subdomain1.mydomain.com (someone@subdomain1.mydomain.com and someone@subdomain2.mydomain.com (someonet@subdomain2.mydomain.com) are 2 separate users. they should be able to log on to web interface separately)

Currently i use system account names as email user names. (ex - systemusername@mydomain.com). The only MX record in my domain DNS pointed to current server (mailhost.mydomain.com).

I read about postfix virtual domains. but couldnt figure out how to use it to achive my target.

Can you please give me some solution for this.

I do not need configuration details. Just explain me the way to do it. I can do the rest my self.

Thanks in advance.

pamuditha99
June 15th, 2011, 04:34 AM
sry. didnt mentioned my ubuntu version.

it's ubuntu server 10.40 LTS