PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Missing network indicator

sparker256
June 15th, 2011, 02:32 AM
After the last update of network-manager I am missing my network indicator. I installed the notification-daemon as it is listed as Recommends but still do not have a indicator. Any ideas?

Bill

nm_geo
June 15th, 2011, 03:06 AM
I have the same issue after today's updates. The indicator is missing but wireless is functioning normally. Looking into it but I have found no fix. Have you filed a bug report?

I went ahead and reported it Oneiric has been almost bug free on this end compared to Natty. So a little breakage is news Bug #797495

Harry33
June 15th, 2011, 04:25 AM
After the last update of network-manager I am missing my network indicator. I installed the notification-daemon as it is listed as Recommends but still do not have a indicator. Any ideas?

Bill

The package network-manager-gnome contains a systray applet for GNOME's notification area and it also works for other desktop environments which provide a systray like KDE
or Xfce.

But in Gnome-shell and Gnome-panel (GTK+3) you do not need this package at all. The indicator applet is in panel automatically.

sparker256
June 15th, 2011, 03:20 PM
With the latest updates today it is back. Will mark as solved.

Bill

VinDSL
June 16th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Interesting!

This morning, my network and volume applets were missing from the tray.

Tonight, I performed an update, and they were back. However...

When I rebooted, Unity puked, with the following error message:

Failed to load session "Ubuntu"

The only option (button) was "Log Out".

Soooo, not [SOLVED] for me... :D

nm_geo
June 17th, 2011, 03:14 AM
My updates went well today and my network-indicator is back. They sure fixed this problem quickly Bug #797498 looks like it is history now. However there may be future breakage to look forward to. :)