PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Looking for intro book for 11.04

Rowdymon
June 15th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Now I understand this release may be too new for an intro book, but honestly I don't know how much has changed from the 8.x intro threads and books I have been finding. I have never used Linux...of any variety or variant.

That being said in a concise manner...

I'm very comfortable in MS products, and I am impressed with the basic install of the OS, except for the wireless drivers for my card. There are tons of threads on that topic specifically with my hardware (Dell D430 with BM4311). Problem is I don't understand what they are asking people to do...

So...I need background and an intro book is a good way for me to start...

Thank ye kindly

Laforge129
June 15th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Now I understand this release may be too new for an intro book, but honestly I don't know how much has changed from the 8.x intro threads and books I have been finding. I have never used Linux...of any variety or variant.

That being said in a concise manner...

I'm very comfortable in MS products, and I am impressed with the basic install of the OS, except for the wireless drivers for my card. There are tons of threads on that topic specifically with my hardware (Dell D430 with BM4311). Problem is I don't understand what they are asking people to do...

So...I need background and an intro book is a good way for me to start...

Thank ye kindly

I've been reading "Begining Ubuntu Linux",Maybe that will help you!

wolfen69
June 15th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Here's a free one. http://ubuntupocketguide.com/index_main.html

Rowdymon
June 15th, 2011, 03:09 AM
I appreciate that information....

I have that pocketbook in PDF, question I have to ask though...how much has changed from 8.x to 11.x? Is it still applicable 3 major releases later?