PDA

View Full Version : Resume from suspend time out

celticbhoy
June 14th, 2011, 12:53 AM
I would just like to check if this affects anyone else before posting a bug. I am running Oneiric with Gnome Shell, on a Aspire One netbook, and right now everything is running pretty much hunky dory for me. My only issue, is when I put the netbook into suspend mode, or my screensaver kicks in (I only have blank screen set), and then attempt to awaken the netbook. If I leave the password screen sitting it eventually times out. Once this happens I can find no way of getting back into my session, and have to perform a hard reboot. I may just be blissfully ignorant of a keyboard combination to allow me to enter my password again, or I might be frozen out. The mouse still works, although clicking anywhere on screen does nothing. I am also unsure if this is concerned with Gnome 3 or Oneiric. If anyone could try this preferably with and without gnome 3 running and post back. Also if its just my ignorance to a keyboard cammand, please let me know.

celticbhoy
June 21st, 2011, 08:15 PM
Really just a bump, as this is still affecting my netbook.

joffe
June 22nd, 2011, 07:27 PM
Affects me too. Mine is an Acer Aspire TimelineX 3820TG

cariboo907
June 22nd, 2011, 07:58 PM
Suspend works the way it should even if I just bring up the login window, and let it time out. My netbook is a Compaq Mini110. I haven't tried hibernate yet, as it was severely broken during the Natty testing session.

394U
August 11th, 2011, 03:57 AM
My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5520 with a 250Gb HD, 4Gb RAM, Ubuntu 11.04, 64 bit. When I put the laptop into suspend or simply close the cover, it stays on (I can hear the fan running). Eventually, the screen will show a purple background and say "Ubuntu," as if it's still installing the OS. Does anyone have a solution for this? I really need suspend mode. I posted this in an original thread, but no responses. Surely there must be a solution? I would hate to go back to Windoze, this one is a dealbreaker for me.

cariboo907
August 11th, 2011, 05:01 AM
My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5520 with a 250Gb HD, 4Gb RAM, Ubuntu 11.04, 64 bit. When I put the laptop into suspend or simply close the cover, it stays on (I can hear the fan running). Eventually, the screen will show a purple background and say "Ubuntu," as if it's still installing the OS. Does anyone have a solution for this? I really need suspend mode. I posted this in an original thread, but no responses. Surely there must be a solution? I would hate to go back to Windoze, this one is a dealbreaker for me.

This is the wrong place to post Natty questions, this is the Oneiric testing and discussion sub-forum, the solutions we come up with here, may not work in your case, as most of the packages are quite a bit newer than they are in the version you are using.

Note: I would suggest you Bring Up My Post your thread :)

MacUntu
August 11th, 2011, 07:00 AM
As for the bug, see: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screensaver/+bug/802572

394U
August 12th, 2011, 02:59 AM
This is the wrong place to post Natty questions, this is the Oneiric testing and discussion sub-forum, the solutions we come up with here, may not work in your case, as most of the packages are quite a bit newer than they are in the version you are using.

Note: I would suggest you Bring Up My Post your thread :)

Sorry, I don't know what your Note means. Please explain.

394U
August 12th, 2011, 03:04 AM
As for the bug, see: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screensaver/+bug/802572

I saw that one in my search, it's different than mine. I don't think I will get a solution here, I will install Linux Mint before I have to go back to XP. I will try to post the results here.

cariboo907
August 12th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Sorry, I don't know what your Note means. Please explain.

I meant that it is OK to bump your thread after 24 hours has elapsed. To bump a thread is to make another post, in order to bring the thread back to the top of the page.