PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Could someone make an accurate clone of Totalcommander Ghisler for LINUX?

honeybear
June 13th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Hello,

THis program is fabulous, and very famous. I know that there are lot of clones of it. However Totalcmd ghisler is far far better than any of them. Could the author of the program make it for linux?

WOuld it be possible? Thank you in advance.

LowSky
June 13th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Whats wrong with nautilus in the normal setup?

Have you tried KDE and used Dolphin?

There is also Thunar normally used with XFCE.

jtarin
June 13th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Hello,

THis program is fabulous, and very famous. I know that there are lot of clones of it. However Totalcmd ghisler is far far better than any of them. Could the author of the program make it for linux?

WOuld it be possible? Thank you in advance.Not necessary. It is installable using Wine.

honeybear
June 14th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Not necessary. It is installable using Wine.

It is amazing this program. Wine is useful sometimes because nothing can be better than totalcmd ghisler. Several options are not available on any program. Pluging, renaming in batch, sync, feed to list box, ultra-power search, fast tabing, key shortcuts...
A Fabulous work from Hr. Ghisler + It is fast

jtarin
June 14th, 2011, 12:20 AM
It is amazing this program. Wine is useful sometimes because nothing can be better than totalcmd ghisler. Several options are not available on any program. Pluging, renaming in batch, sync, feed to list box, ultra-power search, fast tabing, key shortcuts...
A Fabulous work from Hr. Ghisler + It is fast
I glad your so passionate about this application, but to say there is nothing better seriously limits your judgment and judgment that is clouded in such a way most people have a difficult time believing. What comparisons do you have with other clones, instead of gushing about this on application only, because I find it very run of the mill.:p