PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Kscreensaver GUI?

-kg-
June 12th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Just upgraded to Natty on my laptop, but considering all the problems and bugs with the Unity Desktop, I opted for Kubuntu rather than Ubuntu. So far, I'm really liking the newest KDE, though I feel like a real newbie, at least concerning the DTE.

I've done my research on Kscreensaver and, though I've found reference in the documentation, I cannot find where to access it to adjust its settings. I've looked in all the logical (and illogical) places I can think of, but can't find it. I've Googled "Kscreensaver GUI", and Google wanted to redirect me to "Xscreensaver GUI".

Is there a GUI for Kscreensaver settings? If so, where is it? I've tried running it through terminal commands, but terminal says the command does not exist, and suggests maybe I meant xscreensaver (giving me the idea that kscreensaver may not have a GUI),

I know Kscreensaver is installed and operating, because it does kick in and blank the screen, and I've installed "kscreensaver" from the repos. If there's no GUI for it, it mystifies me. One would think something as simple as a screensaver would have a GUI, especially under KDE.

jcolyn
June 12th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Menu-system settings-hardware-display and monitor-screensaver

-kg-
June 12th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Good Lord...how did I miss that?!

Thank you, jcolyn! That solved the problem. Now to see if I can create a launcher to bring that up without going through multiple menus...I change my screensaver settings (especially the time-out) quite often. :D