PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation Issues with Komodo Edit 6

Mazorak
June 12th, 2011, 05:01 PM
So I downloaded Komodo Edit 6 from http://www.activestate.com/komodo-edit/downloads. It came as a tar.gz file.

After that I extracted it, and then installed it with "sudo ./install.sh"

Anyways I now have the software installed, and a shortcut was placed on my desktop. However, there's really no other way to access it. For example, if I search for it, I don't get any results.

I'm pretty sure this is a simple problem, any help on this would be appreciated.

harrylucas1
June 12th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Did you insert your executable into your path variable? You need to do that after running the shell script

sudo ln -s "/home/myuser/Software/Komodo-Edit-6/bin/komodo" /usr/local/bin/komodo

Mazorak
June 12th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Did you insert your executable into your path variable? You need to do that after running the shell script

sudo ln -s "/home/myuser/Software/Komodo-Edit-6/bin/komodo" /usr/local/bin/komodo

So I ran the command. Now how do I "insert my executable into my path variable"?

harrylucas1
June 12th, 2011, 10:38 PM
It was taken from a google link. What i mentioned was step 6, you seemed to finish on step 5. You should know more than me.

gareththomasnz
November 24th, 2011, 01:31 AM
May I please ask for the link ?

beew
November 24th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Open you home folder, click View > Show hideen files and open .local/share/applications, copy your desktop launcher file to it and then reboot. Then it should show up in the dash, if not you may need to do some editing of the .desktop file.

Edited: Just installed it myself. Don't need reboot, just copy the desktop launcher file to .local/share/applications, that's it. You can then drag the icon from .local/share/applications to the Unity bar if you want.