PDA

View Full Version : nautilus-open-terminal

ayates
June 8th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I installed it, but it doesn't show on a right click ? Bug ?

mc4man
June 8th, 2011, 07:23 PM
None of the prior nautilus extensions will work atm

You can replace the open-terminal one, (& nautilus-gksu) with some nautilus-actions, but for the moment you'd need to rebuild NA for gtk3+ or wait for it to be done for you at some point.

(just set up a few on new install - screen

Edit: screen 2 shows how to get to show only on dir.'s

hatalar205
June 8th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Look here http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2007/05/13/nautilus-open-terminal-terminal-quick-launch/

ronacc
June 8th, 2011, 08:14 PM
None of the prior nautilus extensions will work atm

You can replace the open-terminal one, (& nautilus-gksu) with some nautilus-actions, but for the moment you'd need to rebuild NA for gtk3+ or wait for it to be done for you at some point.

(just set up a few on new install - screen

Edit: screen 2 shows how to get to show only on dir.'s

nice but when I try to run nautilus-actions-config-tool this is what I get

ron@ron-desktop2:~$ nautilus-actions-config-tool
Aborted
ron@ron-desktop2:~$ sudo nautilus-actions-config-tool
[sudo] password for ron:
ron@ron-desktop2:~$

this is in gnome-shell , nautilus-actions was installed with synaptic . It isn't showing any output in the term to indicate why it is aborting .

mc4man
June 8th, 2011, 08:31 PM
nice but when I try to run nautilus-actions-config-tool this is what I get

ron@ron-desktop2:~$ nautilus-actions-config-tool
Aborted
ron@ron-desktop2:~$ sudo nautilus-actions-config-tool
[sudo] password for ron:
ron@ron-desktop2:~$

this is in gnome-shell , nautilus-actions was installed with synaptic . It isn't showing any output in the term to indicate why it is aborting .

You'll need to re-build NA to use gtk3 - I found it easier to use the current source, (config,make,checkinstall), than than take O's source, adjust and re-package as ubuntu .deb. *though did both ways

There are some warnings when installing, (seem non critical) and an apparent small bug when opening text as root w. gedit - opens the file fine but also opens a new 'untitled file' (I just close it out, not going to file an upstream bug on quite yet

Heading out - if inclined to do can review some notes I made on either method if you run into any issues

ronacc
June 8th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks I'll give that a try and report back .

ronacc
June 8th, 2011, 11:00 PM
built nautilus-actions 3.1.3 from source , installed ok and is working . Now I just have to figure out how to get the term to open in the active dir instead of /home .

mc4man
June 9th, 2011, 12:02 AM
built nautilus-actions 3.1.3 from source , installed ok and is working . Now I just have to figure out how to get the term to open in the active dir instead of /home .

Did you try setting up as is my screens/ (works fine here, U&GS logins

If trying to set the MimeType I find after entering the info as shown press enter on keyboard to set, not any mouse action
(if no go I'll export the action and attach

ronacc
June 9th, 2011, 12:25 AM
thanks I had rather stupidly ignored the 2nd screen :( working right now .

seeker5528
June 9th, 2011, 02:20 AM
I installed it, but it doesn't show on a right click ? Bug ?

What are you right clicking?

When I right click a directory 'Open In Terminal' is one of my options.

For the directory I am in right clicking doesn't work, but if I go to the 'Tools' menu it shows me.

Open Current Folder In Terminal F4
Open Current Folder As Root

With the 'T' and the 'R' underlined so doing 'F4' or 'Alt'+'T' then 'T' work to open a terminal or 'Alt'+'T' then 'R' to switch user.

The switch user command isn't set for the 'R' though so the first time I had to fill in the command for it:

gksu %s

Or go to 'Edit --> Preferences --> Advanced' and set it before hand.

If you switch user, then open a terminal, you get a root terminal, but if you would prefer a root terminal instead of a root file manager for the switch user, use

gksu x-terminal-emulator %s

I have nautilus-gksu installed as well as nautilus-open-terminal.

Later, Seeker

Xgen
June 9th, 2011, 03:12 AM
Both administrator rights and open terminal WFM normally by copying libnautilus-gksu.so and libnautilus-open-terminal.so from '/usr/lib/nautilus/extensions-2.0' to 'extensions-3.0'. No problems as yet...

ayates
June 9th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Thanks mc4man. Your solution works. I tried Xgen's suggestion, and the drop down shows up but doesn't work. I'm not very good at building from source, but I muddled my way through it. Thanks again.

Xgen
June 9th, 2011, 04:26 AM
"and the drop down shows up but doesn't work"

Requires a reboot, perhaps...

mc4man
June 12th, 2011, 12:35 AM
an apparent small bug when opening text as root w. gedit - opens the file fine but also opens a new 'untitled file'

Turns out to not an NA issue but with gedit itself.
Hadn't had occasion to use gksudo gedit before a moment ago - does then same

(there is another small bug in gedit that causes cursor run on - can be fixed by editing gedit.desktop and changing
StartupNotify=true to false (or removing the line and space