PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Install software from a ppa

Wild Man
June 5th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Hi, I installed my conky and have it working in 11.10 but the weather is missing because I can not install the weather script from the ppa, I have run all the commands to refresh the udate list and clean out the list and cache for the list,but I still get error 404 not found, I know that the server could be down, or that the script is no longer there that I want to download, but I am sure that it is there, is it because it is for natty and not 11.10 that it does not recognize it when I try to download it? any ideas. All help is greatly appreciated,

sparker256
June 5th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Hi, I installed my conky and have it working in 11.10 but the weather is missing because I can not install the weather script from the ppa, I have run all the commands to refresh the udate list and clean out the list and cache for the list,but I still get error 404 not found, I know that the server could be down, or that the script is no longer there that I want to download, but I am sure that it is there, is it because it is for natty and not 11.10 that it does not recognize it when I try to download it? any ideas. All help is greatly appreciated,

Since there does not appear to be any oneiric in there PPA this is how I got it working on 11.10.

Bill

ronacc
June 5th, 2011, 04:23 AM
installing things built for an earlier version often works early on but can cause problems later , its a good idea to have ppa-purge installed just incase .

Wild Man
June 5th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Since there does not appear to be any oneiric in there PPA this is how I got it working on 11.10.

BillHi, Thank you that worked perfectly. I have been learning a lot running 11.10, but some things still do not work, but I am enjoying the challenge. I appreciate the help and suggestions I installed ppa-purge also just in case. Thnaks again.:)