View Full Version : Question about mothers...

May 30th, 2011, 03:11 PM
When you were young, and you woke up, did your mother tell you that you have "eye crusties" or "chicken poo" in your eyes, then proceed to lick her fingers and get it out of your eyes, or lick her fingers to get dirt off of your face. I mean come on, that is gross... my mother would literally drool in her hand to smooth my cowlick over. That cannot be sanitary?! =-]

May 30th, 2011, 03:18 PM

May 30th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Are you a cat?

May 30th, 2011, 03:27 PM
haha nope but my mom would, when I would wake up she would be like "Hold still" then lick her finger and proceed to dig in my eye and get the "Chicken Poo" out of it, or when I would come in from playing and I would have dirt on my face she would have to lick that finger and go wiping at my face. Sometime I wish I would have hissed at her like a cat and hid up in the couch...

May 30th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Tbh, this is one of those things you swear you'll never do, but then find yourself doing within about the first 3 milliseconds of becoming a parent.

Ok, perhaps not in the eyes, but using a bit of spit to clean random muck off your kid's face/hair/whatever is a) very practical b) still more hygienic than they would be if left to their own devices.

Absolutely fine on little kids IMO, as they're constantly getting filthy and sometimes have to be cleaned with whatever is at hand.

May 30th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I even do that with complete strangers

May 30th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Yes, she would also routinely pick the lice and ticks out of my back fur and eat them, as well.

May 30th, 2011, 04:14 PM
My mother would just throw me in the bathtub.

Frogs Hair
May 30th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I don't remember the topic of eye snot ever coming up. Thanks mom!

May 30th, 2011, 05:25 PM
My mother used spit to clean just about everything. The stuff in my eyes was just called "sleep" though - nothing gross.

May 30th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Moms spit has the same chemical compound as Formula 409.. :-|

May 30th, 2011, 05:30 PM
The part that cheesed me off was when my mother would suddenly decide to spit-clean us when we were out taking a walk. That happened frequently.