PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Some colors in firefox coming out inverted

dannyboytward
May 30th, 2011, 03:46 AM
After upgrading to Natty/Unitiy I was having problems with very slow and choppy window motion. I tried reinstalling fglrx, and now some of the colors in firefox are coming out inverted (e.g. yellow -> purple) or perhaps just scrambled in some other way (see attached screenshot). There are no other issues I've seen other than some colors in firefox. Most colors look okay.

I downloaded chromium and there are no problems with colors there. I've also upgraded to the latest fglrx drivers from the ATI website and nothing changed. I also uninstalled and reinstalled firefox and still the colors are coming out strangely.

Some info. I have an HP Pavilion tx2500ca, with ATI Technologies Inc RS780M/RS780MN [Radeon HD 3200 Graphics].

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. This seems very strange to me.

lovinglinux
May 30th, 2011, 12:09 PM
See http://www.webgapps.org/tutorials/firefox/troubleshooting/rendering-issues-and-solutions

dannyboytward
May 31st, 2011, 01:44 AM
Thank you. I typed about:config in the address bar, and changed the property gfx.color_management.mode from 2 to 0. This worked and the colors are all normal again.

lovinglinux
May 31st, 2011, 01:59 AM
Thank you. I typed about:config in the address bar, and changed the property gfx.color_management.mode from 2 to 0. This worked and the colors are all normal again.

You are welcome.