PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Audio and Video Editing software

cdiaz3827
May 27th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Hello:
I have used Ubuntu a lot on my old computers. I now have a newish Gateway with Windows-related problem (big surprise)and so I want to switch that computer over now too. Here's my dilemma, I need two programs

The first one I need is something to record instruments with multiple tracks (Lead guitar, Rhythm, Drums, Keyboard, Vocals). I'm thinking Audacity might do the trick. On my Windows machine I am using Sony Acid.

So after I export the song to MP3 I need to plug it into a video editor. I need it to record video from a webcam then I will need to be able to sync the audio with the video (I can do that manually, it doesn't need an automatic feature). Also, I need to be able to add titles and text overlays.

Anybody know of such a program for Linux?
Thanks much,
Christian

TiberiusT
May 27th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Not a great audio expert myself, but Audacity has a multitude of features. Ardour seems to be the more pro choice.

But for video I recently came from Windows using VirtualDub/Adobe Premiere and others. I spent quite a time checking the latest Ubuntu friendly video software and ended up using OpenShot

http://www.openshotvideo.com/

It uses FFMpeg so it will decode and encode from/to almost anything, is quite crash free (which is more than I can say for some of the others) and is still actively developed.

Good luck!
T

Edit : I'm on 10.04...