PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do I uninstall & reinstall 11.0

geoff_sct
May 27th, 2011, 03:48 AM
I know nothing and am new to Ubuntu. I believe I'd like to do this (un and reinstall) in order to place grub (or whatever the booter is) into the main partition so that I could use a third party boot manager in MBR such as GAG. I've tried installing grub2 from Terminal but I'm not getting too far. OR is there an easier path to installing his third party boot mngr.. I understand that I need to have a booter such as grub or lilo installed in the main partition in order to use GAG in the MBR.

wildmanne39
May 27th, 2011, 07:27 AM
I know nothing and am new to Ubuntu. I believe I'd like to do this (un and reinstall) in order to place grub (or whatever the booter is) into the main partition so that I could use a third party boot manager in MBR such as GAG. I've tried installing grub2 from Terminal but I'm not getting too far. OR is there an easier path to installing his third party boot mngr.. I understand that I need to have a booter such as grub or lilo installed in the main partition in order to use GAG in the MBR.
Hi, are you going to have a dual boot system? The livecd of ubuntu will install the grub and it will let you boot both systems you do not need gag or any other program.