PDA

View Full Version : Senior prank ideas?

Antarctica32
May 26th, 2011, 06:25 AM
any good ideas for a senior prank at my school? I was thinking about just installing linux on every computer, but there is just no way i could do that. I was also thinking about just getting a crap load of magnets and putting them on the HDD in the computers. It would be soo funny. Somebody would try to boot their stupid XP desktop and it just wouldn't work. Then the IT department would try install and it still wouldn't work. any ideas? they don't have to be linux related

Kenc3
May 26th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Gee! You must not want to graduate. They may also press charges which would not be a good way to begin your life.
Of course, a magnet placed on top of the monitor may make things look "different" and it shouldn't get you more than maybe a chance to stay home for the Graduation ceremony.

Thewhistlingwind
May 26th, 2011, 07:04 AM
*slap* Both terrible, horrible, stupid ideas.

Remember the purpose is to be funny, not a vandal:

1. Please don't destroy anything
2. Please don't do anything *stupid*

Regardless, staying home from graduation ceremonies is a bonus in my book.

PS. While that may have seemed unnecessarily harsh, you can't afford anything less then the truth on this one.

zobcat
May 26th, 2011, 09:09 AM
You could try a new take on the old Cracked LCD Wallpaper Prank. You set the image as the new wallpaper. Here's one: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OSaxm.jpg

In the case of desktops however, maybe a simple blue screen of death might be enough... or a Windows loading splash screen. Or hell, maybe an Ubuntu desktop. But, I agree with the other guys. Don't do anything that could cause real damage or get you in serious trouble.

Hansholz
May 26th, 2011, 09:15 AM
One little trick I used to do to the hot secretaries at work. I'd put a sticker over the laser on their laser mice, rendering it useless. Similar to removing the ball from the old mice but less obvious. Also completely reversable and safe... but not until they've inundated the help desk with calls.

And guess in which department I used to work...?

Oh boy, they used to LOVE me...

:-\" :roll:

EDIT: Switching the "N" & "M" keys around on the keyboard is another one that puzzles people for a while.

3rdalbum
May 26th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Plug the keyboards into the computer NEXT TO the one it should be. Always fun for some confusion.

Kenc3
May 26th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Actually, I never was a senior until now ( different kind). I dropped out of high school in the 10th grade.:popcorn:

gopherofdoom
May 26th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Plug the keyboards into the computer NEXT TO the one it should be. Always fun for some confusion.

That's a good one.

A non-techy proposal: get 3 sheep/goats, and spraypaint the numbers "1", "3" and "4" on them. Release them to roam the school, and laugh as the management tries to find number 2...

Grenage
May 26th, 2011, 10:58 AM
any good ideas for a senior prank at my school? I was thinking about just installing linux on every computer, but there is just no way i could do that. I was also thinking about just getting a crap load of magnets and putting them on the HDD in the computers. It would be soo funny. Somebody would try to boot their stupid XP desktop and it just wouldn't work. Then the IT department would try install and it still wouldn't work. any ideas? they don't have to be linux related

That would be vandalism; if I worked at that school, I would probably murder you.

gopherofdoom
May 26th, 2011, 11:06 AM
You could always spend some time reading through the Bastard Operator From Hell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastard_Operator_From_Hell) archives for some entertaining inspiration!

+1 "no vandalism": make it funny, not destructive

Antarctica32
May 27th, 2011, 01:44 AM
That's a good one.

A non-techy proposal: get 3 sheep/goats, and spraypaint the numbers "1", "3" and "4" on them. Release them to roam the school, and laugh as the management tries to find number 2...

Lol, when i was in 6th grade the seniors did that.

Antarctica32
May 27th, 2011, 01:45 AM
One little trick I used to do to the hot secretaries at work. I'd put a sticker over the laser on their laser mice, rendering it useless. Similar to removing the ball from the old mice but less obvious. Also completely reversable and safe... but not until they've inundated the help desk with calls.

And guess in which department I used to work...?

Oh boy, they used to LOVE me...

:-\" :roll:

EDIT: Switching the "N" & "M" keys around on the keyboard is another one that puzzles people for a while.

the sticker idea is great.

jhonan
May 27th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Go with the magnets idea. Everyone will love you for that.

You might even get a special prize at graduation for "Funniest and least destructive senior prank"

johnnybgoode83
May 27th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Something I used to do on folks at work is swap some of the keys around on the keyboard.

mkendall
May 27th, 2011, 02:37 AM
One my sister did to a guy at work was add a few auto-corrections in Word. Things like "the" corrected to "I am thy Lord and God"; "and" became "Those who worship in me shall have life eternal"; etc.

67GTA
May 27th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Magnets will destroy data on the hard drives. You could boot them all up with Ubuntu live CD's.

NightwishFan
May 27th, 2011, 04:02 AM
I say do nothing at all. :)

mr clark25
May 27th, 2011, 05:32 AM

to boring.

LowSky
May 27th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Hey guys I have a great idea. Go online, tell everyone the idea you have, execute idea. Then when the idea causes damages and the school wants to press charges and the police investigate all they will need is your PC, your friends testimony, and check what websites you troll around and see what you post. Then instead of walking with your diploma in hand you will be walking with your right to remain silent.

Has no one ever heard of Covert?

Thewhistlingwind
May 27th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Has no one ever heard of Covert?

I ask myself this everyday. I still regret stuff I've posted to online bulletin boards. And probably will for the rest of my life.

thepiratefish
May 27th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Pranks aren't that big a deal...President William McKinley got a cow on top of the roof of a building in his college days :p To this day, there is a building on that campus named after him commemorating the prank. It's a dining hall that has a cow logo in a big tile mosaic on the floor in the middle of the seating area.

how bout that? ;p

Antarctica32
May 27th, 2011, 07:38 AM

already did that

Simon17
May 28th, 2011, 01:33 AM

Are you the valedictorian? You must be a real genius to have come up with an idea like that.

3rdalbum
May 28th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Pranks aren't that big a deal...President William McKinley got a cow on top of the roof of a building in his college days :p

In case somebody doesn't know, it's extra funny because cows can walk UP stairs, but not DOWN them.