PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 11.04 and some online video

KaIIen
May 26th, 2011, 06:08 AM
I like to watch TV shows online. 75% of the shows I watch are on the big sites like Hulu or CBS. But a lot of the shows I catch (normally older shows I never watched during first-run) are hosted with Megevideo or Loombo (moreso Loombo). 10.10 had no issues with playback quality. But since the upgrade to 11.04, online playback from loombo or megevideo like sites are very poor quality, jumpy and stutter. Video from the big sites are ok. I also noticed that playback in Firefox is not watchable on these sites but if I use Google Chrome it's watchable but still bad.

I downloaded Flash from Adobe and installed, and so far I know I have all the pluggins I need. Here's what I have running and maybe someone can point out what I am missing:
Ubuntu 11.04 32bit. Firefox 4.0.1 (Canonical). Google Chrome 10.0.648.151. Flash Plugin (according to about: plugin in Firefox) Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181.

Thanks!!

santhony
June 1st, 2011, 02:17 PM
I usually think a few months or so after a new release, it takes that time to iron out all the small wrinkles. Hence, I try to wait till then on the servers that it really matters on.

I do notice the imperfections you stated. My opinion is to stay back on the last release for a couple of months until all those fine details have been worked out.