PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nvidia dual monitor problem.

FrigginGuy
May 25th, 2011, 11:48 PM
So! I bought a cord from radio shack that allows me to plug two monitors to it and then run it into my computer. when i go to preferences-monitors only one is recognised as unknown. I have updated my invidia drivers and in the invidia gui it only recognizes one monitor as well and if i try to configure it to (twinview) the option is greyed out so that i cant even select it. I read that i may have to edit my xorg config to make this work which i have tried to no avail and my original config file looks as follows:

Section "Device"
Identifier "Default Device"
Option "NoLogo" "True"
EndSection

Shouldn't it say identifier invidia etc etc? Is it not recognising invidia? I have an invidia video card on my computer and i am running ubuntu 11.04

also both monitors work but show the same screen or mirror each other if that makes more sense but i cannot figure out how to make both monitors as one.

Any help would be very much appreciated i have been struggling with this for quite some time. Many thanks to all!

wolfen69
May 26th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Start nvidia settings as superuser:

gksudo nvidia-settings
Post back what happens.

FrigginGuy
May 26th, 2011, 01:34 AM
It brings up the NVIDIA X server settings but it only recognises the one monitor and twin mode is disabled

wolfen69
May 26th, 2011, 01:45 AM
What sizes are the monitors?

FrigginGuy
May 26th, 2011, 01:51 AM
17 inch

wolfen69
May 26th, 2011, 04:55 AM
I was going to give you my xorg.conf file to try, but I use different sizes.