PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot install Ubuntu 11.04

noiceaxe
May 24th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I have done boot using both usb and cd, it's not working. It stuck on "Preparing to install Ubuntu", and not going to "Allocated drive space". My bios are updated to newer version, and i re-downloaded iso many times.

What is wrong? Please help..

noiceaxe
May 24th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Plus : I can't quit the installation. It stuck.

Bucky Ball
May 24th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Try 10.04 LTS (long-term support) and see if you have any problems with that. ;)

11.04 has issues on some hardware configurations at the moment (no flaming, please). You will get the hang of Ubuntu with a stable version and upgrade to 11.04 (if you still want to) when it is more stable and/or you have an idea of how to fix things.

noiceaxe
May 24th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Oh. Ok, i will try it, thanks.

Bucky Ball
May 24th, 2011, 09:31 AM
First, try control+alt+delete. Second, there should be a power button on your machine you can hold until it shuts down.

noiceaxe
May 24th, 2011, 09:33 AM
actually the first time i boot the usb, it can be forwarded to "Allocated drive space", but i forgot to make available drive space, then i done it, and boot for the second time, it become problem like i mention above. Can you tell what happen? is it bug from Ubuntu 11.04?

Lateralis
May 24th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Quick silly question for you! How long did you wait before deciding the installation was stuck? I noticed on the weekend that the installations of both Kubuntu and Ubuntu 11.04 looked like they had frozen when in fact it was just taking several minutes to perform relatively trivial checks, particularly around the "Preparing to Install" screen.

I actually also did manage to crash the Ubuntu installer at the first screen - go me! The only way I could get rid of the installation dialogue box was to manually force the "Ubiquity" process to quit.

noiceaxe
May 24th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Quick silly question for you! How long did you wait before deciding the installation was stuck? I noticed on the weekend that the installations of both Kubuntu and Ubuntu 11.04 looked like they had frozen when in fact it was just taking several minutes to perform relatively trivial checks, particularly around the "Preparing to Install" screen.

I actually also did manage to crash the Ubuntu installer at the first screen - go me! The only way I could get rid of the installation dialogue box was to manually force the "Ubiquity" process to quit.

Please look at this :

actually the first time i boot the usb, it can be forwarded to "Allocated drive space", but i forgot to make available drive space, then i done it, and boot for the second time, it become problem like i mention above.

Lateralis
May 24th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Yes, I was typing whilst you were posting so didn't see your comment until after I had posted.

noiceaxe
May 24th, 2011, 09:51 AM
i think i will try ubuntu 10.10. I'm a newbies and i want to learn linux. thanks anyway
:)

mastablasta
May 24th, 2011, 11:59 AM
ok if you are still getting stuck alternate CD might be the option (it installs with text interface - kind of like WinXP in the starting phase of installation).