PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] movie player that allows "stretch to fit screen" ?

brunobliss
May 23rd, 2011, 05:48 PM
There are a couple of tiny things still keeping windows essential in my netbook, one of them is the movie player, in windows i use GOM and one of GOM's features is the ability to stretch video to fit screen, is there any other player for linux able to do taht?

brunobliss
June 2nd, 2011, 10:21 AM
anybody?? this is seriously the only thing now keeping windows in my netbook :(

I'mGeorge
June 2nd, 2011, 10:24 AM
you're kidding right

flyingAnt
June 2nd, 2011, 10:44 AM
"Microsoft previews Windows 8:guitar:

"

kerry_s
June 2nd, 2011, 10:44 AM
:lolflag:

i going to assume your talking totem(movie player), so look under view panel. i'm using lubuntu which uses gnome-mplayer, so i can't do a screen shot for you.

here's what the section looks like on mine, you should have similar.

handy
June 2nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
You can zoom, change the aspect ratio, & have the choice to keep it in scale in vlc.

brunobliss
June 3rd, 2011, 04:20 PM
yes VLC appears to be the only one with a manual scaling option. It's not as easy as GOM's CTRL+ENTER (stretch to fit) but it will have to do.

None of the others have the option to stretch to fit .. i wonder why, this is so useful ...

Chronon
June 3rd, 2011, 04:59 PM
Is "fullscreen" not acceptable for some reason? Am I to take it that you actually want anamorphic distortion? SMPlayer (or any MPlayer variant/frontend) also allows you to set aspect ratio manually.

SeijiSensei
June 3rd, 2011, 06:17 PM
+1 for smplayer. I just tried it with a 640x480 (4x3) encode. Using the Video > Aspect Ratio menu, I stretched it to 16x9 without a hitch. Don't want to watch shows that way myself, though. The faces are all too wide.