PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't install Adobe Flash plugin!!!

tarshoduze
May 23rd, 2011, 04:04 AM
Hi, all. I'm having trouble installing the Adobe Flash plugin for 10.10. I tried to remove it, and install it, but while removing, Ubuntu Software Center just says, "Adding software source: Applying changes" and "Updating cache: waiting". I tried installing it before, and it hanged while installing (not downloading), so I stopped it, but it shows as "installed." Please, help!!!!!!

sammiev
May 23rd, 2011, 04:07 AM
Flash-Aid will fix you up. GL :)

tarshoduze
May 23rd, 2011, 04:10 AM
Flash-Aid will fix you up. GL :)
It says "Download Error -228" Please help. I'm desperate.

josephmills
May 23rd, 2011, 04:55 AM
please go to synaptic package manager and type in adobe-flash-p now remove and re-install adobe-flashplugin and adobe-flash-properties-gtk then restart anything?

wildmanne39
May 23rd, 2011, 08:44 AM
Hi, all. I'm having trouble installing the Adobe Flash plugin for 10.10. I tried to remove it, and install it, but while removing, Ubuntu Software Center just says, "Adding software source: Applying changes" and "Updating cache: waiting". I tried installing it before, and it hanged while installing (not downloading), so I stopped it, but it shows as "installed." Please, help!!!!!!
Hi, also as the other post stated if you open firefox and go to add-ons and install flash aid add-on it will fix your flash problems.

lovinglinux
May 23rd, 2011, 02:26 PM
It says "Download Error -228" Please help. I'm desperate.

Download from my web site (http://www.webgapps.org/addons/flash-aid) if you are experiencing problems on Mozilla. After downloading the add-on xpi file, drag it to a Firefox window to start the installation process. After installing the extension, you will need to run the extension wizard to install flash.

jacklsw2008
May 23rd, 2011, 03:27 PM
if i'm not mistaken adobe flash is not supported on x64 machines. that was ages ago i'm not sure is it still applicable now :P

hijiz
May 23rd, 2011, 04:38 PM
I installed it from the software center thats what i consider the easiest way.

alexis44
May 23rd, 2011, 04:53 PM
Generally, Synaptic is the best place to install things. If possible, go to youtube, and it may say you need to install Adobe Flash to view. IT will see your Operating System and install it for you.

Swagman
May 23rd, 2011, 05:57 PM
Flash aid sorts the version out automatically

philinux
May 23rd, 2011, 06:02 PM
if i'm not mistaken adobe flash is not supported on x64 machines. that was ages ago i'm not sure is it still applicable now :P

I'm running 64 bit OS with 64 bit flash. It was ages ago that it was fraught with problems but not now.

sammiev
May 23rd, 2011, 07:24 PM
Yes 64 bit flash works great! GL :)

beew
May 23rd, 2011, 07:30 PM
Generally, Synaptic is the best place to install things. If possible, go to youtube, and it may say you need to install Adobe Flash to view. IT will see your Operating System and install it for you.

Maybe in general, but for Flash, the flash-aid plugin for FireFox is the best. It not only installs the latest flash, it sorts out conflicting versions and optimize it for Ubuntu.

Also, Synaptic is just a way to install software, how update the software is depends on what is in your repositories, if you just use Ubuntu's official repos (no ppas) chances are everything in there would be outdated, with something it is ok, with Flash it will probably give you problems.

josephmills
May 23rd, 2011, 07:33 PM
Maybe in general, but for Flash, the flash-aid plugin for FireFox is the best. It not only installs the latest flash, it sorts out conflicting versions and optimize it for Ubuntu.

Also, Synaptic is just a way to install software, how update the software is depends on what is in your repositories, if you just use Ubuntu's official repos (no ppas) chances are everything in there would be outdated, with something it is ok, with Flash it will probably give you problems.

I don't know how to use firefox to dangerous

tarshoduze
June 24th, 2011, 01:09 AM
It's fixed now. Sorry for all the troubles! Thanks!

wildmanne39
June 24th, 2011, 04:56 AM
It's fixed now. Sorry for all the troubles! Thanks!

Hi, would you please go to the top of the page and mark this thread solved be clicking on thread tools. Thank you so much.