PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu 11.04 noise on mic input channels

ondra_spa
May 20th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Hello just have updated to 11.04. Before I already had problems with mi sound device, I had always to remove pulse and use alsa, if not would to deal with lots of noises and not working volume controls. Now when I updated to natty I was surprised that sound controls work.. that everything works. But I did not check the mic. When I tried to use skype I realized that mic is not working, mic is present in pulse and alsamixer, also working but I just get a loud noise, I tryed different mics, I tryed removing alsa and pulse and installing again, but have not tried removing pulse and using alsa because I'm fed-up of having to improvise and having to use alsamixer. Here is my soundcard.
I wold like to give thanks in advance for anyone who will help solving this issue.

lspci output - 00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)

aplay -l output - karta 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], zařÝzenÝ 0: AD198x Analog [AD198x Analog]
PodzařÝzenÝ: 0/1
PodzařÝzenÝ #0: subdevice #0
karta 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], zařÝzenÝ 1: AD198x Digital [AD198x Digital]
PodzařÝzenÝ: 1/1
PodzařÝzenÝ #0: subdevice #0
If you need any more info just tell me.

kottenator
July 12th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I have the same problem. And still have not found any other solution than to uninstall Pulse and use ALSA (but I don't want to do this)

lidex
July 15th, 2011, 04:16 AM
If everything works except skype, then it's skype that's the issue. Disable the setting to allow skype to control audio levels.