PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Intel Card being properly detected? Display is blurry

gorbysbm
May 18th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Hi all,
I have an Intel 945Gm Mobile graphics card for my toshiba Tecra A8 Windows XP machine.
I am running Ubuntu 11 inside a VirtualBox. I notice that the Ubuntu display is quite blurry compared to that of my Windows display. I believe i've successfully installed Guest additions. I am not sure where the issue lies, but the display is too blurry for me to use ubuntu for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you :popcorn:

manishraj2011
May 18th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Hi all,
I have an Intel 945Gm Mobile graphics card for my toshiba Tecra A8 Windows XP machine.
I am running Ubuntu 11 inside a VirtualBox. I notice that the Ubuntu display is quite blurry compared to that of my Windows display. I believe i've successfully installed Guest additions. I am not sure where the issue lies, but the display is too blurry for me to use ubuntu for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you :popcorn:
Have you tried switching to Ubuntu Classic mode?? You can find it in lower panel of your login screen.

Do you face the similar problem in Ubuntu Classic mode also ???

gorbysbm
May 20th, 2011, 08:03 AM
>>Do you face the similar problem in Ubuntu Classic mode also ???

I finally figured out how to load Ubuntu in Classic mode, and yes the same problem still existed. Please help.

begin
May 20th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Did you used full screen ?

gorbysbm
May 22nd, 2011, 06:14 AM
Did you used full screen ?

Tried that as well with no luck...

3rdalbum
May 22nd, 2011, 08:49 AM
A screenshot would help.

Unfortunately, with computers, different operating systems use different methods of font rendering. This is unfortunate because some people find they can't tolerate fonts rendered in a different way to what they aren't used to.

I'm a bit of a victim of this: I'm used to the font rendering on Ubuntu, and find it hard to read text on Windows. In fact, last week I gave myself a migrane trying to read off a Windows computer's screen at work.

I'm hoping that your problem is something to do with Virtualbox actually rendering the display incorrectly, so a screenshot will help.