PDA

View Full Version : Minimize, Maximize and Close Positions

Kevbert
May 17th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Using Unity on Oneiric.
With previous versions of Ubuntu (pre Unity) it's possible to set the window position of menus, minimize, maximize and close by pressing Alt+F2 and using gconf-editor. I've set the /apps/metacity/general/button_layout key to menu:minimize,maximize,close so that the controls are in the top right-hand corner. In Terminal,Software Centre (for example) these display as required, but in Firefox it is displayed on the left. Do I need to reconfigure Firefox (how ?) or is there something else I need to do ?

shafin
May 17th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Is your firefox window full screen?

cariboo907
May 17th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Using Unity on Oneiric.
With previous versions of Ubuntu (pre Unity) it's possible to set the window position of menus, minimize, maximize and close by pressing Alt+F2 and using gconf-editor. I've set the /apps/metacity/general/button_layout key to menu:minimize,maximize,close so that the controls are in the top right-hand corner. In Terminal,Software Centre (for example) these display as required, but in Firefox it is displayed on the left. Do I need to reconfigure Firefox (how ?) or is there something else I need to do ?

Doesn't putting the close/min/max buttons on the right break the global menus?

There is a separate package installed to make global menus work for Firefox and Thunderbird

NormanFLinux
May 17th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I know it can be done for application windows by choosing new window borders.

Does any one of know of a way to move the global menu buttons to the right or are they fixed.

Kevbert
May 22nd, 2011, 04:04 PM
Is your firefox window full screen?

Sorry, I haven't got back to you until now.
When any of the applications are full screen maximize, minimize and close are displayed in the top left-hand corner. If I maximize the window (so it's less than full screen), they are displayed in the top right-hand corner.

Praetor77
July 22nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
Is there any way to move global menu buttons to the Right side? I have used gconf-editor to move buttons to the right for windows, but global menu still has them in the left...

jerrylamos
July 22nd, 2011, 05:59 PM
Is there any way to move global menu buttons to the Right side? I have used gconf-editor to move buttons to the right for windows, but global menu still has them in the left...

I used to use "Clearlooks" option on Appearance to put the buttons on the top right. Somehow the powers that be have decided to eliminate Clearlooks while adding in a bunch of stuff I don't use.

Oh, well, I test whatever Ubuntu throws over the wall.

Jerry