PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Wireless Wave Combo MK550

DAB4970
May 13th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I just bought this keyboard/mouse combo and I searched in Synaptic Package Manager (SPM) for some configuration options on these extra keys & buttons. I installed btnx and it appears to me that btnx configures only mouse buttons. Any package to configure extra keys on keyboard?

Thanks in advance.

kernelles
May 18th, 2011, 08:04 PM
I just bought this today and I'm wondering the same thing. Nothing on Logitech's website.

kernelles
May 18th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Some of my keys work, but some don't. (I did nothing in Ubuntu 11.04 other than plug the keyboard & mouse into my machine):

Extra buttons that work:

Calculator
Volume up/down
Next/previous track
Stop
Pause/Play
Mute
Power Button

Keys that don't do anything:
Fn key + blue keys (Except web search Fn + F10, but it opens Nautilus instead of browser)
Media Centre
Media Player
Zoom in/out
Application switcher button (under zoom buttons)
Desktop gadgets button (to left of pictures folder button)

Buttons that work, but open the wrong things:

Pictures Folder button (camera icon on it) opens Banshee

bcollier
July 13th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I thought I would update this, I just bought this keyboard and am running Ubuntu 11.04. In addition to the ones that work above I discovered you can easily get the zoom buttons to work.
1. Use KeyTouch Editor (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KeyTouch) and create a keytouch file. When it says press a key, press the up zoom key. Then do it again for the down zoom. I mapped them on to "scroll up" and "scroll down".

2. Then save your configuration, launch keytouch load the configuration file in keytouch and go.

3. Then within the Keyboard Shortcuts application in the Ubuntu menu, you can map anything (say maximize window) to either of those buttons. I mapped them onto minimize and maximize.

In addition to the keys above that work, I've found that FN+F7 launched your browser, FN+F9 launches you email (Evolution in my case) and FN+F10 open Nautilus search. FN+F12 does Eject. You can customize what each of those does in Keyboard Shortcuts.

Lastly, the power button in the top right by default on my keyboard sends my computer into hybernate.

Two things that were strange, there are two buttons that don't even register with KeyTouch editor, the configure button (top left of keyboard) and what I assume is supposed to be alt-tab switcher in the bottom left of the keyboard. The other thing that is strange is that the Music key and the Media center key map onto the same keycode, both in KeyTouch editor and in Keyboard Shortcuts.

If anyone finds ways to improve the use of this keyboard I'd love to hear about it. Great keyboard all around (and mouse)!

Crajy B
November 6th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Are you able to post your keytouch config file?

That way we do not have to start from scratch.

I was thinking we could work together and create a 'default' config file and then everyone could just use that and modify it as they please.

DAB4970
January 27th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I did a search for the keytouch config file in nautilus. It seems I would need a directory location for the file to post it. Can you help?

Imagine that. I just installed 3 keytouch packages from package manager. It shows a bunch of files now. Tried to upload 2 config files, and the output said they were invalid file types. Not sure at this moment of a way to post these files.

dckirba
November 20th, 2012, 09:43 PM
I'm glad I found this thread. Now that I know this keyboard and mouse combo works on Ubuntu I am going to take the plunge and add it to my cart ;) Type all day. Need to take care of my wrists. I can live without all the extra keys for now :)

Thanks guys!