PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Crash

rhartman73
May 13th, 2011, 03:22 AM
Ever since I got the update for 11.04 my computer has been acting funny, flashing and turning off on its own and locking up and alot.

This evening it froze on me and I went to reboot and when it came back up it wouldnt boot, I get the toshiba screen and I am able to go into bios. But it wont read my disc drive. I tried ALT + F1 and I then get my purple screen with the loading bar at the bottom for about 2 mins then I get a black screen with the flashing cursor. Occasionally it will tell me non bootable device. I have wiped this computer completely before so all I have is Ubuntu on which I do love. But please can someone help me please...And thank you!!!:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

I am sorry if I put this in the wrong spot

rhartman73
May 13th, 2011, 03:43 AM
So instead of throwing the laptop, I turned it back on and walked away for about five mins. Now it finally after the loading screen and flashing cursor it boots, asking me if i want to install ubuntu. but of course i cant because i dont have enough room but it is now upgrading to 11.04 I am so confused:confused::confused: so i will know more in 30 mins......ugh

rhartman73
May 13th, 2011, 04:33 AM
of course it didnt work because i didnt have enough room so I am back to square one. No bootable device....insert boot disk and press any key ughhhhhhhhhhhhh help

lilifiz
May 13th, 2011, 06:02 AM
would you please paste your computer aspects?