PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dual boot windows 7 + Ubuntu 11.04 Mouse not working

tryan3131
May 12th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I just installed Narwhal alongside my Windows partition and whenever I enter a Windows 7 session following an ubuntu session my touchpad on my laptop is disabled and the taskbar has changed colors. Can anyone think of why?

wilee-nilee
May 12th, 2011, 11:05 PM
I just installed Narwhal alongside my Windows partition and whenever I enter a Windows 7 session following an ubuntu session my touchpad on my laptop is disabled and the taskbar has changed colors. Can anyone think of why?

Does alongside=wubi?

tryan3131
May 12th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Sorry for not clarifying. They are separate partitions. I did not use wubi. When I restart my computer after using narwhal I switch to the windows 7 loader. Once in windows 7 the mouse does not work (everything else appears to work fine). I can't figure out why it is doing this or how to fix it.

wilee-nilee
May 13th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Sorry for not clarifying. They are separate partitions. I did not use wubi. When I restart my computer after using narwhal I switch to the windows 7 loader. Once in windows 7 the mouse does not work (everything else appears to work fine). I can't figure out why it is doing this or how to fix it.

It was not that you were clear it just helps to really know, many post and a have a wubi and use dualboot, and alongside as a description, just wanted to knock out that variable.

Theoretically the only thing linking windows and natty are a bootloader, and a memory card=ram, seems odd.

Hopefully you will get some answers. I seem to remember though some sort of graphic driver problem that was linked between the two distro's, very rare cases, but you never know.;)

I also will presume that your windows setup is virus free and in good shape with a semi regular chkdsk, and updated and defragged, and you have done an memory check on the ram.

Same for Natty in good shape, and if you were running wine you would have mentioned it.