PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Acer Aspire One Netbook wont boot to usb

Pazy007
May 11th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Hi,

Having some real issues with an Acer Aspire One AOA 110, i cant seem to get it to boot to usb or external cd drive.

It loads the BIOS (acer splash screen) when ubuntu on usb is inserted it just hangs for around 20 min then boots windows same issue when i have my external usb optical drive inserted.

Without these items connected it boots fine, i though updating the BIOS would resolve the issue but no i am running BIOS v0.3310. I managed to flash the BIOS using USB and freeDOS no problem.

Final note is ive tried setting usb and cd drive to 1st boot device.

Any help would be great as i am all out of ideas.

Pazy007
May 12th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Thought i should add, with external usb disk drive attached, and drive open. i can choose boot device(F12) i see the cd drive listed. I close drive so Ubuntu disk inserted but it then just boots to Win7

warreno
May 14th, 2011, 02:29 AM
That's bizarre. I'm having nearly precisely the same problems. I cannot seem to get my aa1 110 to boot using the USB, in any of the three USB ports, on either of the two USB sticks I have - and I am quite sure it should be working just fine.

Are you by any chance trying to boot with a LiveCD image of Ubuntu 11.04?

Also, what BIOS version are you running? Oh, never mind - 3310. Where were you able to download that? I've only seen up to 3309.

Never mind - found it on the Acer US site.