PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Recommendations for usb wifi network adapter?

shamrock_uk
May 11th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Hi folks, does anyone have personal experience of a USB wifi network adapter that

(i) has decent Linux drivers
(ii) supports 802.11n speeds
(iii) will connect to a wifi signal in the 5GHz band?

I've spent some time in google, the Ubuntu hardware compatibility pages and reading through various launchpad bug trails about support for the ralink chipset variations being a bit spotty and could do with a poke in the right direction - I couldn't see anything that leapt out as working perfectly.

It would be ideal if it worked out of the box with kernel drivers, but I'll mess around with ndiswrapper etc if required.

Thanks in advance!

shamrock_uk
May 13th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Just a gentle bump - does nobody have one of these?

Hi folks, does anyone have personal experience of a USB wifi network adapter that

(i) has decent Linux drivers
(ii) supports 802.11n speeds
(iii) will connect to a wifi signal in the 5GHz band?

I've spent some time in google, the Ubuntu hardware compatibility pages and reading through various launchpad bug trails about support for the ralink chipset variations being a bit spotty and could do with a poke in the right direction - I couldn't see anything that leapt out as working perfectly.

It would be ideal if it worked out of the box with kernel drivers, but I'll mess around with ndiswrapper etc if required.

Thanks in advance!