PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Blinking wifi light problem

ahmedtheghost
May 10th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Hello guys,
I am a new user of linux and I started with Ubuntu and I found it really great but only one thing may make me go back to windows and hate Linux which the blinking wifi lamp
in my laptop (compaq presario CQ-61) I have a button to turn the wifi on a and off and when the button light with orange that means wifi is off and when it is blue means the wifi is on and this was normal in windows but here is ubuntu when i turn on the wifi and the button become blue when I start working on the internet it starts to flash and blinking between the two colors orange and the blue like he is flashing with the internet progress when I close the firefox and leave everything it stop blinking I dunno why ? and i dunno if this is a new feature or what all i know that this flashing from orange to bule and from blue to orange quickly it will led me to suicide if i didnt find something to stop it , it is driving me crazy
PLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz anyone can help ??:confused:

mudyf0x
May 10th, 2011, 09:10 PM
not really a serious problem Is it lol, its just a led, what version of ubuntu are u using?

wilee-nilee
May 10th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Hello guys,
I am a new user of linux and I started with Ubuntu and I found it really great but only one thing may make me go back to windows and hate Linux which the blinking wifi lamp
in my laptop (compaq presario CQ-61) I have a button to turn the wifi on a and off and when the button light with orange that means wifi is off and when it is blue means the wifi is on and this was normal in windows but here is ubuntu when i turn on the wifi and the button become blue when I start working on the internet it starts to flash and blinking between the two colors orange and the blue like he is flashing with the internet progress when I close the firefox and leave everything it stop blinking I dunno why ? and i dunno if this is a new feature or what all i know that this flashing from orange to bule and from blue to orange quickly it will led me to suicide if i didnt find something to stop it , it is driving me crazy
PLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz anyone can help ??:confused:

Cover it with a piece of tape.;) I seriously doubt there is a fix for that.

Do what you need to do, to just be happy .

ajgreeny
May 10th, 2011, 09:43 PM
As far as I can see from my wife's CQ70 which has the same blue/orange wifi led, the blue only shows if the wifi is actively uploading or downloading. It does not show blue just because it is "on".

I think that is right, but have never spent too much time investigating as the wifi just works extremely well on that machine. What does the colour matter, as long as wireless works OK?

ahmedtheghost
May 10th, 2011, 11:51 PM
ok thx alot guys , u know i started to get used to it :D and i dont know what i was thinking about when it was driving me crazy :))