PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Netbook battery not charging

jonecas
May 10th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Hi everyone

First of all, I'm sorry that my first post here is to ask for help, without having any contribution to the forum yet, but you know how it is... :).
Also, I'm sorry if it's a repost, but I've made a quick search and have not found anything quite like this.

Well, getting to the point. I have an Compaq netbook, 311c, and installed ubuntu 10.10 a while ago. Apart from a few tweaks to get the nvidia Ion graphic working fine, everything was going great. A few days later, I've notice the battery is not charging. Whenever I plug the computer, it says it's fully charged. However, if I unplug it, it gets back to the previous level ("previous" being befor I plugged it). I've upgraded to ubuntu 11.04 today, by the way, but the probelm seems to persist, with the only difference that the indicator is on 0% when pluged in.

Thanks a lot for bearing with me and for the help anyone can get me :D

trozamon
May 10th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Is it actually not charging? Most laptops have a light on them triggered by the hardware to show if it's charging. If it's actually not charging, that's not good; if ubuntu just can't see it charging, that's just a pain.

jonecas
May 11th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Is it actually not charging? Most laptops have a light on them triggered by the hardware to show if it's charging. If it's actually not charging, that's not good; if ubuntu just can't see it charging, that's just a pain.

The charging light was blinking instead of staying on, as usual... But, I don't know why, today I tried again and it worked just fine, I supose it was a matter of pacience :).
Thanks a lot anyway :).