PDA

View Full Version : [OtherOS] Android x86 version dual boot with ubuntu

jao_madn
May 10th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Hi,

i came across this android x86 OS Link (http://www.android-x86.org). there is a live cd and HD installation. i try the live cd and HD installation in the virtualbox and its working fine. im interested with this x86 platform. since i had a viewsonic viewpad 7 android 2.2.Does anyone try to dual boot this Android x86 OS with windows or win7 and linux (ubuntu).

Thanks for any reply.

NormanFLinux
May 11th, 2011, 02:43 AM
I tried it and for some reason the installer has a bug that prevents it from recognizing the hard drive... it only offers installation to the USB flash drive.

Meh

jao_madn
May 11th, 2011, 12:16 PM
I tried it and for some reason the installer has a bug that prevents it from recognizing the hard drive... it only offers installation to the USB flash drive.

Meh

May i ask.. you try it to install on your computer in the HD and it won't install. Did you try the procedure in the how to's in the site. I try it to install in the HD of the virtual box and it work but it still not a real HD.. Im looking forward to install it in my HD. cause right now i had a win7 pro and ubuntu on my HD and dont have spare HD for the testing. and don't want to miss up my dual boot. althought its easy to restore grub if it misses up. but kind of lazy right now..i just want to know if someone try it. and also the install grub of the android os is version 1 or the old one. and im using the grub 2.

eolson
May 12th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Have not tried it at all. Downloading it as I type. Be curious to see what is what. Have an Android phone and can't see it as a desktop OS, but one never knows. We'll see what we shall see shortly.

jao_madn
May 13th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Have not tried it at all. Downloading it as I type. Be curious to see what is what. Have an Android phone and can't see it as a desktop OS, but one never knows. We'll see what we shall see shortly.

Yup your right its not a replacement for a real OS but out of curiosity. Also its much better if u have a testing system for installing apps or developing apps if you have a real Android system. in my case i had a viewsonic viewpad7. also is much faster than a full blown OS or a real android system.