PDA

View Full Version : Tokenizer

gregarion
May 10th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Hey guys, i been trying to tokenize a string using the boost library.

int main(){
using namespace std;
using namespace boost;
string s = "This is, a test";
tokenizer<> tok(s);
for(tokenizer<>::iterator beg=tok.begin(); beg!=tok.end();++beg){
cout << *beg << "\n"; }

The problem i am facing currently is that i am unable to tokenize a string, yet allow it to leave the whitespaces as token also. I tried replacing the whitespaces with a character , but how am i able to tokenize the string.

For example , i subtituted all the white spaces with "|" , thus the string above will be "This|is,||a test".

From here , how can i go about making sure that the string will continue being tokenized only leaving the words , but "|" will not be considered as a char to be removed. Hope for some help here.

dwhitney67
May 10th, 2011, 01:55 PM
When one tokenizes a string using one or more field delimiters, the delimiters are generally not returned in the results. That's because they are not of interest; only the tokens are.

If you want to know where your delimiters are at, then I would suggest that you develop your own tokenizer. The Boost tokenizer is very general, similar as if one were to use strtok().

P.S. Perhaps I misunderstood what you wanted; here's a simple example that tokenizes a string using the delimiter "|":

#include <boost/tokenizer.hpp>
#include <string>
#include <iostream>
#include <cstdlib>

int main()
{
typedef boost::tokenizer< boost::char_separator<char> > Tokenizer;
boost::char_separator<char> sep("|");

std::string str = "|COMPUTERS|LINUX|UBUNTU|100|50|";

Tokenizer info(str, sep);

for (Tokenizer::iterator it = info.begin(); it != info.end(); ++it)
{
std::cout << "*it =\t" << *it << std::endl;
}
}