PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Remove desktop icons for hard-drives ?

cyb3r_sn4k3
May 9th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Is it possible to remove some of the icons present in the xubuntu desktop ?
Because there are some partitions which I rarely use so I dont want them on the desktop.
Even showing only mounted devices is good enough for me :)

pinballwizard
May 9th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Probably not the most eloquent solution, but I achieve that using ubuntu tweak.

cyb3r_sn4k3
May 9th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Seems it doesn't work with Xfce4.

klytu
May 9th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Is it possible to remove some of the icons present in the xubuntu desktop ?
Because there are some partitions which I rarely use so I dont want them on the desktop.
Even showing only mounted devices is good enough for me :)

In Settings Manager>Desktop, click the "Icons" tab. Clear the checkbox for "Removable Devices". I think this will remove all of the extra drive icons from your desktop.

cyb3r_sn4k3
May 9th, 2011, 12:19 PM
In Settings Manager>Desktop, click the "Icons" tab. Clear the checkbox for "Removable Devices". I think this will remove all of the extra drive icons from your desktop.

But that removes all the icons including flash devices which are connected :(

anaconda
June 21st, 2012, 12:30 PM
A bit old thread, but I just had the same problem, and found a solution (with xubuntu 12.04)

I had a windows partition showing as a icon on desktop. It was showing as a removable device and I didnt want to lose flash devices from desktop just like you.

After adding that windows partition to /etc/fstab and rebooting it vanished from desktop.
I added it with option "noauto" so it wont be mounted at boot time...

Peripheral Visionary
June 22nd, 2012, 01:29 AM
Right-click on the desktop. Select Desktop Settings and click the Icons tab. At the bottom of that menu you can choose your Default Icons. Simply un-check all of them except the Removable Devices. Close, done!