PDA

View Full Version : Use Multiple CD/DVD drives?

RememberWhenItRained
May 5th, 2011, 10:48 PM
I recently got a great deal on an external LightScribe CD/DVD drive. (been wanting to use lightscribe for awhile.) My question is, can i use both drives at the same time? Will Ubuntu recognize both?

andrewthomas
May 6th, 2011, 02:09 AM
Sure.

One will be /dev/sr0 and the other will be /dev/sr1.

RememberWhenItRained
May 6th, 2011, 02:38 AM
can you burn two CDs at the same time? If it recognizes both, i don't see why not...

3rdalbum
May 6th, 2011, 02:43 AM
I used to have three in my system. They can all be working (burning, ripping, etc) at the same time.

Jerry N
May 6th, 2011, 02:54 AM
I recently got a great deal on an external LightScribe CD/DVD drive. (been wanting to use lightscribe for awhile.) My question is, can i use both drives at the same time? Will Ubuntu recognize both?

Lightscribe works but it might not be as impressive as you think. The contrast is rather poor, even when using the highest quality settings and creating the labels with the Linux versions is something of a pain. It is much easier in Windows using Nero's lightscribe capability but I very rarely burn a lightscribe label anymore, even though I have 3 computers sitting here with lightscribe compatible drives. Depending on the way the label is created, it can take more than 15 minutes to burn it.

Jerry

RememberWhenItRained
May 11th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Wrong architecture because the only have a 32bit and not a 64bit version so far?

Dangit.

Is there a solution to this lightscribe problem, or will i have to run it in virtualbox?