PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] loading images to RefPtr's in a map Glib::FileError signal 11 (Segmentation fault)

vivichrist
May 4th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I'm having problems loading images using:
i.e Gdk::Pixbuf::create_from_file("box.png"))
these images are in the same dir as the project and exec.

typedef std::map<char ,Cell::Cell> CCMap;
typedef std::pair<char ,Cell::Cell> CCPair;
typedef std::map<Cell::Cell, Glib::RefPtr<Gdk::Pixbuf> > IMMap;
typedef std::pair<Cell::Cell, Glib::RefPtr<Gdk::Pixbuf> > IMPair;
typedef std::map<Direction::Direction,Glib::RefPtr<Gdk::Pixbuf> > AMMap;
typedef std::pair<Direction::Direction,Glib::RefPtr<Gdk::Pixbuf> > AMPair;
typedef std::map<char ,Direction::Direction> KMMap;
typedef std::pair<char ,Direction::Direction> KMPair;
CCMap cellMapping;
IMMap imageMapping;
AMMap agentMapping;
KMMap keyMapping;

try {
imageMapping.insert(IMPair(Cell::OUTOFBOUNDS, Gdk::Pixbuf::create_from_file("box.png")));
imageMapping.insert(IMPair(Cell::EMPTY, Gdk::Pixbuf::create_from_file("empty.png")));
imageMapping.insert(IMPair(Cell::WALL, Gdk::Pixbuf::create_from_file("wall.png")));
imageMapping.insert(IMPair(Cell::BOX, Gdk::Pixbuf::create_from_file("box.png")));
imageMapping.insert(IMPair(Cell::SHELF, Gdk::Pixbuf::create_from_file("shelf.png")));
imageMapping.insert(IMPair(Cell::BOXONSHELF, Gdk::Pixbuf::create_from_file("boxOnShelf.png")));

agentMapping.insert(AMPair(Direction::UP, Gdk::Pixbuf::create_from_file("agent-up.png")));
agentMapping.insert(AMPair(Direction::DOWN, Gdk::Pixbuf::create_from_file("agent-down.png")));
agentMapping.insert(AMPair(Direction::LEFT, Gdk::Pixbuf::create_from_file("agent-left.png")));
agentMapping.insert(AMPair(Direction::RIGHT, Gdk::Pixbuf::create_from_file("agent-right.png")));
}catch(const Glib::FileError& e)
{
Gtk::MessageDialog * dialog = new
Gtk::MessageDialog(*this->get_tooltip_window(), e.what(),
false, Gtk::MESSAGE_WARNING);
dialog->run();
dialog->hide();
}

vivichrist
May 5th, 2011, 12:27 AM
there was some confusion on my part as to where these images should reside and it would seem that if the Anjuta project is in say "/home/myname/projects/bla-project" and the source is compiled and run in that directory + "src/" then the images should be in the "/home/myname/projects/bla-project" and not "/home/myname/projects/bla-project/src" directory or any other.